Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1 Nefi 1:20, Find the hidden clue

Thank you for your prayers, I have felt the Lord's protection this last week for sure. We had an interchange and I went to the Isla Trinitaria which is just over the bridge from where I am so you can look on the map to see where that is and you can see where I am!
I can't believe there is only one week left in the transfer. I think I am staying here another transfers with my companion. We think we are finally getting the hang of this area. It requires a lot of everything. I do feel like the branch is growing. I hope we can help it. The Lord really has blessed us this week. A lady accepted a baptismal date for the 18th of Feb. She was a Jehova's Witness from age 7-17 but said at the last moment she didn't get baptized because she said she felt something was missing. Also we finally got in to teach a family of 5 where the parents are married! But the dad is pretty strong on his beliefs in the Evangelical church. (All truth is in the Bible and 10 commandments and you don't need anything else. Especially not Mormon and John Smith) BUT, after some good talking he accepted a Book of Mormon with his whole family right there! It was great. We've also found another family that has 9 kids and the parents are married. We look for the nicer looking houses. The Lord blesses these people because they obey his laws. So we hope to be able to get into that house too. We talked to the dad and he also goes to an Evangelical church but accepted that we visit him this next Saturday when he's home with his family. Pray for a miracle!

The way people started reacting in Helaman 16:16-22 is exactly how people are reacting today. It's even how missionaries may act towards their leaders. We just need to be humble! And accept counsel. And guidance. Align our will with God's will. Pray for me to have the energy and strength to be alert and excited all the time. I've been a little tired. I love you all so much. I can't wait to get birthday letters! Time flies way too fast. Pray for me as I pray for you. Que la paz del Señor esté con ustedes.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment