Thursday, June 30, 2011

MTC's Vollyball MVP

We went to the Temple today. It was nice. The Provo Temple is a lot smaller than Los Angeles.

That's cool about Michael getting a few more sales.

My Spanish is coming along pretty nice I think. I can understand what my teachers say 90% of the time when they are only speaking Spanish.  Reading the Book of Mormon is fun in Spanish too. I bought a nifty little verb book that I think is really going to help me. I say pretty much all my prayers in Spanish and have started to pray more for others. Especially my new companion. He had a cyst in his lower back that he got removed before he came but was having some pain and trouble. I had to miss some class with him and take a shuttle to a surgeons place. He didn't do anything just drained it and re bandaged it so we have to go back next week. Hopefully it isn't a problem.

I learned some more about charity this week when we were finally able to go inside the gym for gym time. It was closed the first week because of the New Mission President's Conference. I played volleyball of course. There are a lot of guys who would make Michael look really good ;) Haha. Actually there's this short, big elder who only speaks Spanish that makes me smile when I see him because he's kind of like cute and a little round like Michael from elementary school, haha. We talked a little bit in Spanish and I say hi to him when I see him. So in volleyball I started getting mad that the game was horrible because no one knew how to play, but then I thought that it wasn't about me having fun and showing off. I took some breathes and started teaching the guys on my team just some basic techniques to help them play better. I was rewarded in the next like 10 minutes. People just started playing better and I got some good hits in. Haha, people I dont really know have come up to me saying I'm a beast at volleyball.

I also get a lot of comments on my ties, haha, people like those ones we bought at JC Penny, mom. So my nice church shoes are going to be useless in Ecuador. With my thick black socks they are way too tight. Maybe another pair of the Nunn Bush that I got, they are nice.

Yesterday marked my one week mark. It doesn't really feel like it. But I think I'm finally getting into the groove to learn a lot really fast if I want to. I wake up every night at like 3:30am or 4:30am. I don't know why. I stayed up a whole day when I woke up at 4:30am and just studied for two extra hours and wrote in my journal. Today I woke up at 3:30am and studied for two hours then slept till 6:30am and then till 7:40am since it's P-day. I feel like I can stay up all day if I wanted to from 4:30am and that just gives me extra time to study. I could sure use it. I want to feel comfortable with my Spanish before I go to Peru.

Oh, I got my travel plans. Departure July 13 at 11am from SLC. We stop in Atlanta, Georgia at 4:44pm then get to Peru at 11:10pm. I'm excited for that. I will continue to work hard and try not to sleep or nap. Talk to you next week!

Quiero Mucho
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment